Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally by the pineal gland. At night, higher levels of melatonin is held by the body to induce and maintain sleep. The normal cycles of melatonin production are altered due to factors including aging, medications, and light exposure at night. Something as small as travel, working nights or possibly using a computer screen may greatly impact melatonin’s production. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid having hypnotic and relaxing effects, which helps to maintain a regular sleep cycle.
Benefits and features
- Higher levels of melatonin is held by the body to induce and maintain sleep.
- Melatonin, unlike other antioxidants, easily diffuses into all cells.
- Melatonin is a powerful and versatile antioxidant produced within the body.
- Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, sugar, salt, artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Useful for occasional sleeplessness.
- A favorite of travelers, it governs the body's circadian rhythms.
- Potent antioxidant.
While Urban Nutrition Center strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Urban Nutrition Center. The content on our site is not intended as medical advice or to replace information from a qualified healthcare professional.