Ascorbyl palmitate is a fat-soluble form of ascorbic acid that exerts the antioxidant activity characteristic of vitamin C on lipids throughout the body. In vitro studies have shown that ascorbyl palmitate may be more effective as an antioxidant in protecting lipids from peroxidation than water-soluble vitamin C.
Benefits and features
- One of vitamin C's most important properties is the part it plays in the production of collagen in the body.
- Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that destroys free radicals that can severely damage body cells.
- Vitamin C is important in the production of carnetine which is needed by the body to transport fat to the cellular mitochondria to be converted to energy.
- Vitamin C also takes part in the biochemistry which converts cholesterol to bile acids and helps maintain a healthy level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Because it is a fat-soluble form of vitamin c, Ascorbyl Palmitate is more easily absorbed by the body and can be stored in the membranes of the cells until needed.
While Urban Nutrition Center strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Urban Nutrition Center. The content on our site is not intended as medical advice or to replace information from a qualified healthcare professional.