Solgar Homocysteine Modulators is a harmful amino acid produced in the body. Normally changed into cystathionine which is not as harmful to the body and has the same effect. As we get older the amino acid is broken down from lack of B vitamins. Thus this product is used to help rebuild those acids in you body. It is thought that keeping Homocysteine at its correct level helps maintain a healthy Heart and Arteries. Keeping B12 vitamins and folic Acid in your steady diet helps to maintain normal levels of Homocysteine in the body.
Benefits and features
- Researched, Science-Based Products.
- Solgar is known globally for producing innovative, science-based, efficacious products. All Solgar products have been thoroughly researched by their R & D department. Solgar has a team of experts dedicated exclusively to research. Solgar also sponsors research on existing and potential new products by donating funding, their products, and their experts to studies across the world.
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing.
- Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility meets pharmaceutical standards for machinery, procedures, quality control, and environmentalism. These standards exceed those required by the supplement industry, but Solgar feels they are necessary to provide their customers with the best quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
- Quality Control.
- Solgar has high standards for quality. Solgar has a rigorous quality control system in place to test products at every stage, from raw material to finished product. All materials coming into Solgar's facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality; any that don't meet Solgar's standards are rejected and immediately sent back to their suppliers. A rarity in the industry, Solgar has its own on-site Quality Laboratory that ensures that each product leaving their door meets Solgar's Gold Standard™ for excellence. Solgar doesn't just do one test on their products. They do many.
- USP Water Purification System.
- Solgar invested over $1 million in a state-of-the-art USP reverse osmosis water purification system – widely considered the finest type of filtration available. This isn't required by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), but the Solgar Gold Standard™ requires that they have the best system possible.
- HEPA Air Filtration System.
- All of the air that circulates through the Solgar facility passes through a bank of HEPA filters that remove 99.9% of airborne particulates. Both air and water samples are routinely tested in Solgar's in-house laboratory.
- Solgar disassembles and cleans every piece of machinery after each formula change. In some cases, the equipment is broken down into hundreds of parts and may take up to eight hours to clean and reassemble. Solgar also uses food-grade, environmentally friendly cleaners to sanitize equipment between batches.
- Gluten Free.
- Most Solgar products are gluten free.
- Kosher Certified.
- Solgar selected KOF-K Kosher Supervision, an international organization that follows the strictest laws of the kosher observance, to certify Solgar's products.
- Halal Certified.
- Solgar chose the Halal Food Authority (HFA), a U.K.-based organization that adheres to the strictest laws of Halal, to certify their products.
- Aqueous Coated Tablets.
- Solgar was one of the first in the Natural Products Industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of Solgar's coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent, shellac (pharmaceutical glaze). This natural, water-based coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of the nutrients.
- Recyclable Amber Glass Bottles.
- Solgar's 100% recyclable glass bottles are non-leaching, non-porous, and odorless. Although these “old style” medicine bottles cost more, Solgar uses them because they protect against heat, light, and moisture, thereby preserving nutrient potency.
While Urban Nutrition Center strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Urban Nutrition Center. The content on our site is not intended as medical advice or to replace information from a qualified healthcare professional.