Joint Active has been formulated to help maintain bone, joint and cartilage health. We rely on our joints to move, walk and run; eventually this puts a great deal of strain on the body. Through dietary supplementation, joint health can be supported. Joint Active combines specialized ingredients, which support the joints, these include Green lipped mussel extract, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Turmeric, Collagen type 2, Vitamin C and Manganese. They work synergistically to maintain healthy supple joints, strengthen cartilage, ligaments, connective tissue and help in the management of joint health
Benefits and features
- Green Lipped Mussel Extract naturally contains proteins, minerals and omega 3 fatty acids. These are recognized for their role to help maintain joint mobility, rebuilding connective tissues such as cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
- Glucosamine Sulfate helps to re-build damaged joints, tendons, synovial fluid and soft tissue. Glucosamine is derived from crustaceans. Glucosamine aids in normal repair and regeneration of ligaments, tendons, joints and bones* and helps to improve connective tissue elasticity and cushioning.
- Chondroitin Sulfate naturally occurs in animal cartilage. it is also derived from shark and whale. Chondroitin works by blocking destructive enzymes that break down cartilage in the joint, and is often used in conjunction with glucosamine sulfate for joint support.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally occurring sulphur, essential in the formation of keratin, collagen and elastin.MSM nutritionally lends disulphide bonds forming sulphur ‘tie-bars’ to maintain strength of various connective tissues, establishing flexibility, tone and strength to muscles, tissues, bones, joints, internal membranes, hair, skin and nails.
- Turmeric has been used for centuries in the Ayurvedic preparations, known to be an effective antioxidant and scavenger of free radicals.
- Collagen Type II is derived from bovine cartilage and has been scientifically proven to support joint health.* Collagen Type II is useful in the process of rebuilding joints, cartilage, ligaments and tendons,* as well as to help improve connective tissue elasticity and cushioning.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant* that plays a role in supporting the joint, cartilage, connective tissue, ligaments and synovial fluids from oxidation and free radical damage to these areas.
- Manganese is a micro-mineral important for cartilage growth and strengthening.
While Urban Nutrition Center strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Urban Nutrition Center. The content on our site is not intended as medical advice or to replace information from a qualified healthcare professional.