- BNRG Be Energy – Protein Engineered for the Human Race
- Targeted Protein Delivery over 40% DI & Tripeptides
- DTP – DI and Tripeptide Technology
- 20 Grams Protein
- 10 Grams EAAs
- 140 Calories Per Serving
- DEM – Digestive Energy Matrix
- Dietary Supplement
Pure High-DH Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
Hydrolysis is the natural intestinal process of breaking down whole protein found in food and supplements into smaller proteins, called peptides (Micro Peptides), and amino acids.
DH is the Degree of Hydrolysis, which indicated the extent to which the protein has been broken down. Higher DH means more rapid and complete absorption. In order to be absorbed, protein must be hydrolyzed down to amino acids or to the smallest peptides, called di and tripeptides.
Whole proteins, including whey isolates, concentrates, caseins, soy, and blends are large proteins and naturally contain little to no Micro Peptides, and no di and tripeptides. Proto Whey is 100% Micro Peptides, of which, up to 40 % are di and tripeptides.
Targeted Protein Delivery
The di and tripeptides in Proto Whey target the PEPT-1 transporter which transports over 8,400 different di and tripeptides. Whole protein digestion relies heavily on amino acid transporters which are far more specific and transport only a fraction of what PEPT-1 transporters do.
The speed and efficiency of the PEPT-1 transport system allows for faster delivery of protein throughout the body and bypasses other systems that can limit the delivery of amino acids.
Di and tripeptides carry metabolic information not present in amino acids. High-DH proteins deliver protein into the blood primarily as di and tripeptides whereas whole protein digestion often results in single amino acids.
More Proto Whey Advantages
- Requires less breakdown and digestive energy than what proteins.
- Contains 10 grams of essential amino acids per serving. EAAs cannot be synthesized by the body and must be supplied by the diet.
- Employs DEM (digestive energy matrix), a unique combination of SoftPsil micronized psyllium fiber and MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) to provide digestive energy and help maintain optimum intestinal health.
- High-DH reduces allergenicity.
- Low glycemic response.
- Mixes easily – no blender required.
- Industry-leading, rich and creamy taste profile.
Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from extrame whey protein hydrolysate). Medium chain tryglycerides, maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, SoftPsil (micronized psyllium fiber), cocoa processed with alkali, L-glutamine, fructose, lecithin, sucrose, salt, sucralose.
This product is accurately packed by weight. Some settling may occur during shipping. To loosen the powder prior to use, simply shake or roll the jar. Allergens: milk, soy (from lecithin).
While Urban Nutrition Center strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Urban Nutrition Center. The content on our site is not intended as medical advice or to replace information from a qualified healthcare professional.